This post contains affiliate links. Click on my disclosure to find out more!
Red velvet Chocolate Martinis are the perfect fun and flirty cocktail to have on Valentine’s Day! Loaded with Bailey’s Red Velvet Cupcake Irish Cream, Vodka, Chocolate, and Hazelnut liqueurs, these valentines day cocktails are sweet, stiff, and will be forever yours.
I can not *WAIT* to make these red velvet chocolate martinis again for Valentine’s Day.
Being from the south, red velvet cake is a staple at most family functions. I was even given an entire red velvet cake by my cousin when I was recovering from my first craniotomy.
When my husband and I went to our corner ABC store to get the supplies for my boozy hazelnut turtle hot chocolate, I spotted this Baileys Red Velvet Cupcake and knew it had to be mine.
What is Baileys Red Velvet?
Baileys Red Velvet Cupcake is the liquor company’s liqueur inspired by red velvet cupcakes. Flavors of rich chocolate cake and cream cheese frosting are swirled with their signature Irish Cream, making a deliciously thick and rich bakery-inspired cordial that can be enjoyed over ice or as delicious red velvet chocolate martinis.
I used to be a bartender, and I would make chocolate cake shots all the time. They were one of my favs!
A chocolate cake shot is made with:
- Frangelico hazelnut liqueur
- Vodka (I always used vanilla vodka)
- Served with a sugared lemon wedge
Since a true southern red velvet cake is reminiscent of a chocolate cake, I knew I had to incorporate those flavors into these red velvet chocolate martinis.
What’s in Red Velvet Chocolate Martinis?
Martinis tend to be very stiff, boozy libations, and I didn’t want the red velvet martini to be any different. It is meant to be a valentine’s day cocktail (or even a Christmas drink or Galentine’s day cocktail!). They’re essentially a double-decker chocolate martini:
This amazing chocolate martini consists of:
- 1 shot (3 oz) Bailey’s Red Velvet Cupcake liqueur
- 1 shot (3 oz) Vodka (like Stoli)
- 1 shot (3 oz) chocolate liqueur (like Godiva or creme de cacao)
- 1 shot (3 oz) hazelnut liqueur (like Frangelico)
- 2 shots (6 oz) half & half or heavy cream
Pour all ingredients into a cocktail shaker filled with ice and give it a good shake. Strain into two martini glasses rimmed with sugar and serve!
More Valentine’s Day Recipes
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Pots de Creme
- Chocolate Strawberry Sweetheart Bark
- Hot Chocolate Cherry Cordial
- Blueberry Moscato Sparklers
- Strawberry Love Muffins
More Red Velvet Recipes
- Keto Red Velvet Cake
- Red Velvet Biscotti
- Heart-Shaped Red Velvet Whoopie Pies
- No-Churn Red Velvet Ice Cream
- Red Velvet Fudge
Red Velvet Chocolate Martinis Recipe
- 2 martini glasses
- 1 cocktail shaker w/ strainer
- 2 small plates
For the Red Velvet Chocolate Martinis:
- 1 shot (3 oz.) Bailey's Red Velvet Cupcake Irish Cream liqueur
- 1 shot (3 oz.) vodka I like Stoli
- 1 shot (3 oz.) chocolate liqueur like Godiva or creme de cacao
- 1 shot (3 oz.) hazelnut liqueur like Frangelico
- 2 shots (6 oz) half and half or heavy cream
- Red sugar optional
- Chocolate syrup optional
- Whipped cream for garnish
- Heart shaped sprinkles for garnish
To Serve Red Velvet Chocolate Martinis:
- Add chocolate syrup to one small plate and pour red sugar onto the other. Place the rim of a martini glass into the chocolate then and twist to coat the rim of th iglass n chocolate. Once coated, dip and twist the rim of the galss into the red sugar. Repeat with the second glass. Set aside.
- Add Bailey's Red Velvet, vodka, chocolate liqueur, hazelnut liqueur, and cream to a large martini shaker filled with ice. Put on the top and give it a good shake to ensure the red velvet martinis get nice and cold.
- Strain into the two sugar rimmed glasses and garnish with a dollop of whipped cream and red heart sprinkles.