Easy No-Bake Chocolate Covered Strawberry Pots de Crème are my go-to show-stopping dessert. Thick, velvety, rich, and creamy these delicious little chocolate pots look fancy, but they're an absolute cinch to make.
No-Bake Chocolate Covered Strawberry Pots de Crème will melt the hearts of your favorite Valentine, Galentine, or blubbering guests at a frou-frou baby shower or soiree.
I am of the belief Valentine's Day must be filled with chocolate...or at least show face during every meal of the day. Hot chocolate for breakfast, a couple of chocolate truffles after lunch followed by a decadent dessert of pots de crème is what Valentine's day is all about.
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Pots de Crème
I always try to do something a little special for Valentine's day because that's what my parents always did for me. Making something delightful to the eye like these two-toned pots de crème is always super fun.
These fancy diagonal layers aren't nearly as hard as they look, and it really adds a nice pop of pizazz to the presentation, don't ya think?
Simply lean glasses (I used baby food jars) in a mini loaf pan or egg carton, pour in the chocolate layer, then refrigerate until it sets. Once set, top with the strawberry cheesecake mixture, and refrigerate until firm.
Blender pots de crème are perfectly fancy and frilly for any special occasion and will make 6-8 darling little desserts or 4 larger jars for the true chocoholics at heart.
My husband loves him some sweet treats, but he's more of a let's-get-sloppy-strawberry-cheesecake-wasted while I'm a let's-bathe-in-a-vat-of-decadent-dark-chocolate-and-snort-liquid-white-chocolate-up-our-nose super fan.
No-Bake Chocolate Covered Strawberry Pots de Crème is the perfect marriage of our two favorite flavors.
No Bake Chocolate Pots de Crème
Luscious and rich semi-sweet chocolate blends into a silky layer of velvety fudge and is smothered with creamy strawberry cheesecake and a cloud of fresh whipped cream.
Raise your hand if you're ready to get wasted on pots de creme!
Blender Chocolate Covered Strawberry Pots de Crème
For the Blender Chocolate Pots de Creme layer:
- Add chocolate (or chocolate chips) and eggs to the blender and give it a whirl until the chocolate gets broken down a bit. About 15-30 secs. Leave the lid on.
- Heat milk in the microwave or on the stovetop until nearly boiling and bubbles form around the outside edge of the pan. About 1 ½ minutes in the microwave or 5-6 minutes on the stove.
- Immediately pour the hot milk through the spout or the hole of the blender lid, cover the lid with a towel, and blend on high until the mixture thickens and becomes smooth, scraping down the sides as needed. NOTE: The hot milk should cook the eggs.
- To layer diagonally, lean the glasses in a mini loaf pan or egg carton, pour in the chocolate layer, then refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour until it sets. Once set, top the chocolate layer with the strawberry cheesecake mixture, set upright in the fridge, and refrigerate for 3-6 hours until firm or until slightly firm to the touch.
- Top with a dollop of fresh whipped cream and a chocolate-covered strawberry and serve.
For the Strawberry Cheesecake Layer:
- Add cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and cream to a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Add remaining ingredients and blend until no chunks of strawberries remain. Pour on set chocolate pots de creme and refrigerate until firm. About 3-6 hours or overnight.