This post contains affiliate links. Click on my disclosure to find out more!
This White Chocolate Amaretto Pecan Pie is a play on the classic chocolate bourbon pecan pie except it has no corn syrup, is more delicious, and more elegant for a holiday table or even just a Saturday, dontcha think?
This ain’t no classic Pecan Pie.
Of course it’s chock full of delicious, toasty nuts and the dreamy brown sugar filling, but there’s absolutely no corn syrup in sight, and I’m willing to bet this pie will rival the best pecan pie you’ve ever eaten.
In fact, I would put it up against your grandmama’s chocolate bourbon pecan pie any day.
Yep, I said it.
Easy Pecan Pie Recipe
Ok, so White Chocolate Amaretto Pecan Pie sounds all fancy-schmancy like it takes a lot of work, right? OMG. It so doesn’t! This is my go-to easy pecan pie recipe forever and ever amen.
Premade pie crust? Check!
Store-bought chocolate chips? Check!
Super easy filling? Check!
Quick cooking time? Check!
Easy garnishes? Check & Check!
Booze to make a cocktail while you wait? CHEEEEEEEECK!!!
Did you honestly think I was going to give you a hard recipe during pandemic times when all we really want to do is be fatty cakes and lounge around in our Christmas jammies and watch Hallmark and pretend we hate social distancing? Pffffffffffffft.
Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie
The origins for this White Chocolate Amaretto Pecan Pie came from the recipe card of a friend of a friend’s grandmother’s Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie. Except I wasn’t a fan of that pie AT ALL. Y’all, it was terrible.
The chocolate mixed w/ the corn syrup and made it taste like, well, crappy chocolate syrup. I couldn’t taste the bourbon, the cooking temp was too high, the cooking time was too long, and my chocolate bourbon pecan pie ended up completely overcooked. Eww.
So, I threw that card in the trash, started from scratch, and came up with this astoundingly delicious White Chocolate Amaretto Pecan Pie instead.
Keto Pecan Pie
Clearly this is not a keto pecan pie, but you can absolutely make some substitutions to cut the sugar. I will be honest, I have not tested all of these together myself, but I did make the pie using just the sugar-free syrup and had no issues.
I have used all of these products before in some capacity so I believe they will hold up nicely for this easy pecan pie with no issues. Let me know if you try them and make this a full-blown KETO White Chocolate Amaretto Pecan Pie!
- Try out this Keto Coconut Flour Crust! Just cook the shell beforehand and cover the edges of the crust before baking to ensure they don’t get burned.
- Substitute white chocolate chips with sugar-free white chocolate chips.
- Substitute the brown sugar for a sugar-free alternative like Swerve, Sukrin Gold, or Lakanto Monkfruit.
- Decrease the Amaretto to 1 tbsp.
- Keep an eye on the pie while it’s in the oven. Sugar-free syrups and sugars can brown and burn easily so make sure this glorious pecan pie isn’t cooking too quickly!
White Chocolate Amaretto Pecan Pie
- 1 standard 8" pie crust storebought or homemade defrosted
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup pecans chopped
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 tbsp butter melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 2-3 tbsp Amaretto 3 for full Amaretto flavor
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Vanilla ice cream and red cherries, for garnish optional
For the White Chocolate Amaretto Pecan Pie:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. If making homemade, prepare the pie shell and unroll in an 8” baking dish (do NOT pre-bake). Layer white chocolate chips on the bottom of the pie shell and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine brown sugar, eggs, maple syrup, melted butter, Amaretto, vanilla, and salt. Mix until well combined. Stir in chopped pecans, then pour mixture over the white chocolate chips.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is set and slightly bubbling.
- Cool on a cooling rack at room temperature for at least 1 hour before cutting. Top w/ a scoop of vanilla ice cream and red cherries and serve.