Slim Pickin’s Kitchen is reader supporter, and this post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission when you click on the links at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases. You can read my full disclaimer here.
Everyone’s favorite Cadbury Eggs are wrapped in buttery puff pastry and transformed into luscious chocolate croissants! What an awesome way to use up leftover Easter candy!
Cadbury Eggs are not my favorite Easter candy, but when I had the idea to wrap them in puff pastry and call them a chocolate croissant?
I will now stuff my face with them all day long.
In my opinion, Cadbury Eggs Chocolate Croissants are best made with mini CREME eggs. Not to be confused with the Cadbury mini eggs that are just milk chocolate with the hard outer shell.
I’m talking about the mini Cadbury Creme Eggs w/ the foil wrapper in the small egg crate.
How to Make Cadbury Eggs Chocolate Croissants
Making these chocolate croissants couldn’t be any easier!
- Unfold a sheet of thawed puff pastry on a lightly floured surface.
- Slice it into 12 even sections.
- Roll each mini Cadbury Egg up into the pastry and seal any holes.
- Brush w/ egg wash and sprinkle w/ colored sugar. NOTE: Save the sprinkles for the end!
- Bake to perfection!
Tips for Chocolate Filled Croissants
- Freezing your mini Cadbury Creme eggs before baking can help ensure the chocolate doesn’t ooze out of the puff pastry, but isn’t necessary.
- Brushing the tops of the mini eggs w/ an egg wash helps the puff pastry look gorgeous and golden brown.
- Putting colored SUGAR on the top before baking is okay, but any other colored sprinkles or decorations before baking will melt and won’t look pretty!
- Make sure to allow the chocolate croissants time to cool because the filling gets HOT, HOT, HOT!
- Be careful! It’s hard to eat just one!
Cadbury Eggs Chocolate Croissants
- Large Baking Sheets
- Rubber Spatula
- 12 mini Cadbury Creme Eggs (NOT Cadbury Mini eggs!)
- 1 sheet puff pastry thawed
- 1 large egg beaten
- Easter sprinkles and colored sugar for decorations
How to Make Cadbury Egg Chocolate Croissants:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, line a baking sheet w/ parchment paper, and unwrap the Cadbury Eggs. Set aside.
- Unfold one sheet of puff pastry on a floured surface and roll out into a 10 inch square. Cut the sheet into 12 even squares.
- Roll the mini Cadbury Eggs up into one piece of dough and shape into an egg shape, making sure to pinch closed any holes. Repeat until all of the Mini Cadbury Eggs have been used.
- Brush the outside of the dough w/ the beaten egg, sprinkle w/ colored sugar, and bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Note: If using sprinkles other than colored sugar, add these on in the last few minutes or right at the end of baking, or they will melt in the oven.
- Allow to cool on the baking sheet for 5-10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.