Slim Pickin’s Kitchen is reader supporter, and this post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission when you click on the links at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases. You can read my full disclaimer here.
Mint Oreo Martinis are the best Christmas cocktails! Minty, chocolatey, and flat out luscious, this is one Oreo cookie recipe that will help warm your soul on those long winter’s nights.
Mint Oreos just jingle my bells.
Add some vodka and cordials to the mix, and the spirit of the holidays starts ring-ting-tingling in my heart.
Mint Oreo Cookie Recipes
My favorite milkshake on the planet is an oreo mint milkshake from Cookout.
When I first made this recipe back in 2012, I had found an ancient bottle of Creme de Menthe gathering cobwebs at the back of my mother-in-law’s pantry, and I took the flavors of my favorite milkshake and turned it into a fancy Christmas cocktail.
Full disclosure, I don’t even know if they still make Creme de Menthe, so in case you can’t find it, you can always use Rupplemintz or any other peppermint schnapps.
The Best Christmas Cocktail Recipes
Mint Oreo Martinis have all of the necessary components for a perfectly festive Christmas cocktail and after dinner drink.
They’re creamy, minty, chocolatey, and rich, reminiscent of dunking oreo cookies in a big old glass of milk…like a grown-up version of minty milk and cookies!
This easy martini recipe is a fantastic nightcap after an eventful baking marathon, as a luscious sweet treat for yourself, or to share with a galpal or two on Christmas Eve.
Mint Oreo Martinis
One thing you must do for these Mint Oreo Martinis though. You MUST use either thick, non-dairy milk like canned coconut milk or maybe even cashew milk. Standard non-dairy milk is just too thin, and make this Christmas cocktail too strong to drink.
Heavy cream or half and half gives it that exact, creamy rich consistency I first imagined when I spied that glowing green bottle of minty elixir.
It’s minty, chocolatey, creamy and totally Santa approved.
Mint Oreo Martinis | Festive Christmas Cocktail Recipe
- martini glasses
- 2 tbsp chocolate syrup
- 4 Mint Oreo or Regular Oreo cookies crushed
- 1/2 ounce Green Creme de Menthe or Peppermint Schnapps
- 1/2 ounce White Creme de Cacoa
- 1 shot vanilla vodka or Sugar cookie, Whipped Cream, etc.
- 2 splashes Heavy cream or half and half about 1/4 cup
For the Mint Oreo Martini:
- Add the chocolate syrup to a small plate and pour the crushed cookies on another. Quickly twirl the rim of a martini glass in the syrup, then dip and twirl the rim in the crushed cookies. Set aside.
- Add creme de menthe, creme de cocoa, vodka and cream to a martini shaker and shake vigorously. Strain into the glass rimmed with cookies, and garnish w/ fresh cherries and a Oreo ookie.