I took one taste of this icy treat and plunged head first into the magical memories of our Hawaiian honeymoon.
It was almost as if I could smell the sweet perfume of the Plumeria’s in bloom and feel the cool waters of the Pacific swirling around my toes.
GAH! I miss Hawaii!!!!
I miss it so much I could cry!
Hawaii is one of those places that is so breathtaking, so magical, and so gorgeous it’s utterly impossible to describe. The only way to truly understand how amazing it is, is to actually go and experience it for yourself.
And it is exactly that.
So, when the hubs and I ran across these gorgeously ripe pineapples on sale, we new we had to get some and re-invent our own little Hawaiian paradise.
This recipe is so easy and is worth every second it takes to make it. It is icy, light, and sweet and would be the perfect accompaniment to any summertime cookout or get together. AND at less than 75 calories and 1 WWpt or WWpts+ PER CUP, you will not feel guilty for going back for seconds…
or thirds… 😉
Note: The hardest part about this recipe is “shaving” the ice. If you have a snow cone maker, put the frozen chunks through! If not, just keep scraping and scraping! I promise, it’s worth it! Also, caloric info does not include the coconut!!!
- 2 cups FRESH pineapple chunks
- ¾ cup pineapple juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 tbsp powdered stevia
- 1 pinch salt
- toasted unsweetened coconut
- Puree the pineapple chunks and pineapple juice in a food processor until smooth.
- Add pineapple mixture and remaining ingredients to a large freeze proof bowl and stir until the stevia and salt dissolve.
- Freeze until solid.
- Defrost the mixture by placing in the microwave for one minute or refrigerating for an hour or so. When ready to serve, scrape the ice with an ice cream scoop or fork and place in individual serving cups.
- Sprinkle with toasted coconut.