I realize that I have probably missed my mark with this post, it should’ve gone up last week since everyone celebrated Saint Patrick’s Day yesterday, but I’m hoping that there are other procrastinators out there in the world who will be able to enjoy these on the real St. Patty’s Day next week.
There will be no celebrations from this girl though.
I received some devastating news this morning regarding a very close friend of mine. Tomorrow I’m making an unexpected trip back to Charleston and, although I absolutely adore going home and spending time with my family, this visit will be more about offering my love and support to a loved one in mourning.
Honestly, today’s recipe couldn’t be more fitting for the one we lost. Will you please raise your glasses with me as I offer this prayer of comfort for my friend?
- ½ cup cold Guinness Stout
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- ¼ cup Patron Cafe
- ¼ cup Creme de Cacao (or just ½ cup Creme de Cacao if not using Patron)
- 1 cup hot water
- ½ cup Bailey's Irish Cream
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- ½ cup hot water
- Add Guinness to a medium bowl, sprinkle on both envelopes of gelatin, and allow to sit for one minute.
- Stir in Patron, creme de cacao and hot water until the gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Evenly divide the chocolate Guinness jello shot mixture into individual shot glass cups and refrigerate immediately for 15-20 minutes. NOTE: Mine made exactly 15.
- Once the Guinness portion has chilled, add the Bailey's Irish Cream to a medium bowl, sprinkle on the packet of gelatin, and allow to sit for one minute.
- Pour hot water into the Bailey's jello shot mixture and stir until the gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Gently pour the Bailey's jello shot mixture over the chilled Guinness mixture.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours or until completely set.