This Cucumber and Salad w/ Greek Vinaigrette is bright and vibrant, and will make your taste buds sing! It's a healthy and delicious snack or grab-and-go vegetarian lunch and is an excellent quick and easy side dish to whip up for your next church potluck or family picnic.
Like my cucumbers and vinegar and garden veggie salsa, this cucumber salad is a fantastic way to prepare an abundance of cucumbers before they waste away in the fridge and, if your family is anything like mine, this recipe won't even make it to the next day before you have to make another batch.
Cucumber Salad Variations
Cucumber feta salad is comfort food for me in two ways: 1. it is my version of my go-to side dish at my favorite low-key Charleston restaurant B. It's a dish I can prepare in advance that just gets better over time.
This Easy Cucumber Salad goes great with:
- Greek yogurt or sour cream for a creamy version
- A combination of all three!
How to Make Cucumber Salad
This easy cucumber salad is dressed with a light lemon Greek vinaigrette:
- Add sliced cucumbers (and tomatoes, onions, and olives) to a large bowl.
- Add all Greek dressing ingredients to a jar with a lid and give it a good shake, shake, shake until the dressing is well blended and smooth.
- Pour some dressing over the cucumber salad, sprinkle in the feta, and toss to combine. Add in more dressing, toss to coat, then add the fresh parsley.
- Give it a taste to see if any salt and pepper are needed.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve! The longer it marinates, the better it gets.
Tips for the Best Cucumber Salad
- English cucumbers (aka seedless, or the cucumbers wrapped in plastic) are the best cucumbers to use for cucumber salad. They are seedless, have very thin skins with no preservative wax so there's no need to peel them beforehand. If you can't find English cucumbers, try Persian cucumbers instead.
- If you don't have a fresh lemon, just use all red wine vinegar. No prob!
- The dijon mustard is necessary for helping the Greek dressing emulsify, thicken, and pull together. Don't leave it out!
- Cherry tomatoes and red onion are my family's favorite, but use any you have one hand.
- Make your cucumber salad several hours, or even the day before, you plan to serve it! It tastes so much better after its has marinated in the Greek vinaigrette a bit.
- Cucumber salad will stay fresh for 3-5 days in the fridge.
Cucumber Salad with Greek Vinaigrette
For the Cucumber Salad:
- 6 cups sliced cucumber 2 English/seedless/Hot House
- 4 oz feta cheese crumbled
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes optional
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion optional
- 1 cup Kalamata olives pitted
- Greek Vinaigrette
- fresh chopped parsley for garnish
For the Cucumber Feta Salad:
- Add cucumbers, olives, & dressing to a large bowl and mix until well combined.
- Sprinkle with feta cheese and fresh parsley and toss to combine.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. NOTE: The longer it sits, the better it gets.
For the Lemon Greek Vinaigrette:
- Add all ingredients to a small food processor or personal blender and blend until smooth.
- If you don't have a food processor or blender, whisk all ingredients, except olive oil, together in a small bowl until well combined. While continuing to whisk, slowly drizzle in olive oil until the dressing is smooth and well mixed.