This post contains affiliate links, meaning, if you click through and make a purchase or sign up for a program, I may earn a commission. This is at no additional cost to you.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc. The opinions and text are all mine. #MakeSummerHappen
The summer grilling season has finally arrived!!!
Our schedules during the school year are so action-packed, we have to take the entire summer to wind down, laze around town, and spend relaxing days with family. We breathe in the beachy breeze, sip on sweet tea, forget about bedtimes, use disposable plates and plan our meals and party foods around delicious grilled meats and all the fixins.
We only have one rule we live by in summer: Sundays are for church, spending the day at the pool, listening to your favorite country music and grilling up a smorgasbord of different meats, vegetables, and fruits to use for meal prep and easy breakfasts, lunch, and dinners throughout the week!
Summer Grilling at Target
There are a few required goodies you need when it comes to summer grilling. High-quality, flavorful meats that deliver the authentic taste of summer are a must, and I’m happy to say they’re all conveniently located at Target!
Ball Park® Beef Franks: Ball Park® Beef Franks are the go-to hot dog of summer! Quite frankly, no other hot dog will do. Ball Park® Beef Franks are made with 100% beef and are perfect for the grill. On the nights our son has a ball game, we like to grill up a batch and make a build your own hot dog bar. I pair them with pillowy Ball Park® Buns and spread out a plethora of toppings like bacon, slaw, sweet relish, pineapple jalapeno salsa, sharp onions, tangy mustard, ketchup, and a variety of cheese.
Hillshire Farm® Beef Smoked Sausage: We just love these fully cooked, expertly crafted links because they’re so versatile! Made with traditional spices and farmhouse quality meats, they’re exceptionally flavorful on freezer-friendly breakfast biscuits, stir fry, and smoked sausage and pepper salads.
Hover over the image below to start shopping for your Summer Grill Platter!
Aidells® Chicken & Apple Smoked Chicken Sausage: These sausages are a family favorite because they’re all natural, made with the highest quality meat and contain no nitrates, artificial ingredients, or added hormones. Whether zsooshing them up with Hawaiian flare or eating them warm off the grill, the woodsy hint of smoke blends with the sweet apple making for a light, delicious and thoughtfully crafted flavor combination.
Tyson® Trimmed & Ready® Fresh Chicken: Raised with no antibiotics ever, this chicken in so convenient, comes completely trimmed and can be used for salads, soups, satays, and sandwiches.
Chinet® Classic White™ dinner plates: Ever been to a backyard barbecue with a disposable plate full of food just to have it bust through the bottom because it couldn’t handle the weight? Asking for a friend. Thankfully, these premium-strength disposable plates serve the heaviest meals, and all your grilling favorites, in style.
Enter the Make Summer Happen Sweepstakes!
- Purchase any three (3) of the following qualifying products: Ball Park® Hot Dogs, Hillshire Farm® Smoked Sausage, Aidells® Sausage Links, Tyson® Fresh Chicken
You could win a cookout with Cole Swindell and enjoy your summer grill party with your favorite music! Upload your receipt at Make Summer Happen for a chance to win!
- 1 lucky Grand Prize winner will win a grill out for you and 20 friends with special guest Cole Swindell
- 250 first prize winners will win a custom, limited edition apron
How to Make a 25 Minute Summer Grill Party Platter
Party Platters and appetizers for family movie night are my jam. There is just something to say about noshing on nibbles while snuggling on the couch with my littles, ya know?
Summer Grill Party Platters are easy to throw together, ready in a hot minute, and can be made to eat throughout the week or to share as a ministry meal or potluck.
If you’re new to grilling, no worries! I’ve written up a quick recipe card to help you grill your meats to perfection.
Summer Grill Party Platter
- 3-4 Store bought veggie kebabs brushed with olive oil and sprinkled with salt and pepper
- 3 Tyson® Trimmed & Ready® Fresh Chicken Breasts marinated in your favorite marinade
- 1 Hillshire Farm® Beef Smoked Sausage
- 4 Aidells® Chicken & Apple Smoked Chicken Sausages
- 1 large fresh pineapple cut into large wedges
- 8 Ball Park® Hot Dog Buns
- 1 stick butter melted
- 8 Ball Park® Beef Franks
- Pickles, almonds, mustard, ketchup, relish, salsa, grilled bread, and other various toppings for serving
- Chinet® Classic White™ dinner plates
- Pre-heat a gas grill on medium-high heat for 10 minutes. Once heated, brush the grates with a light coating of organic canola oil or spritz with grilling spray.
- Place the meat on the grill in the following order and cook until cooked through:Veggie kebabs: Cook for 13-15 minutes, turning frequently to prevent burning. Tyson® Trimmed & Ready® Fresh Chicken Breasts: Cook for 5-7 minutes. Flip over with tongs and cook for an additional 5-7 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.Hillshire Farm® Beef Smoked Sausage: Grill over medium-high heat for 12-14 minutes, turning frequently until evenly browned and heated through.
Aidells® Chicken & Apple Smoked Chicken Sausage: Grill for 8-10 minutes, turning frequently until evenly browned and heated through.
Fresh Pineapple: Grill the pineapple for 3-5 minutes, turn, and grill for another 3-5 minutes or until lightly charred. Ball Park® Hot Dog Buns and sliced bread: Brush buns with melted butter, and place on the grill face down. Grill for 4 minutes or until lightly charred. Put in warming tray until the hot dogs are cooked.
Ball Park® Beef Franks: To get the crosshatched grill marks, place the hot dogs on the grill perpendicular to the grill grates. Grill for 3 minutes, turn, and grill for another 3 minutes or until heated through.
- Once everything is grilled, place the Ball Park® Beef Franks in the middle of a large tray because they’re always the star of the show! Then surround with the remaining grilled meats, bread, veggies, and accompaniments, place on the table with Chinet® Classic White™ dinner plates, and enjoy!
*NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. The Summer Grilling Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the 50 U.S. & D.C., at least the legal age of majority in the state in which they reside at the time of entry. Sweepstakes begins at 12:00 a.m. ET 5/15/19 and ends 11:59 p.m. ET on 7/31/19. For Official Rules, visit www.MakeSummerHappen.com. Void where prohibited. Sponsor: Tyson Foods, Inc., 2200 W. Don Tyson Pkwy., Springdale, AR 72762.