This Slow Cooker Sundried Tomato, Asparagus, and Feta Frittata is a cinch to make and is stuffed with healthy, whole food ingredients that will help start your morning off with a bang!
I don't know about y'all but after spending the past few weeks in shock with the rest of my city and indulging in a few too many comfort foods topped off with several glasses of my amazing Independence Day libations, I'm ready for some healthier eats!
I have made a promise to myself that I'm going to get better about meal prepping and meal planning. Not only is it absolutely imperative to help maintain a balanced diet, but it can also save you bundles of money!
Planning and prepping your meals for the week stops you from heading through the drive thru, it lowers your tendency to impulse buy at the grocery store, and you waste less food because you have a plan for every ingredient stocked in your pantry and fridge.
This slow cooker frittata is an awesome recipe to make while meal planning because whipping it up is a cinch, and it's something you can make once then eat every morning for the rest of the week. It's also fantastic for a bridal or Mother's Day brunch because it's way easier than omelettes, but just as delicious.
Don't like asparagus or feta or can't eat a meal without meat? No worries! The possibilities for this dish are endless. Any meat, veggie, and cheese combo should do. Just make sure to keep it light and healthy so you'll be sure to start your mornings off on the right foot.
Slow Cooker Sundried Tomato, Asparagus, & Feta Frittata
- 8 large eggs
- ¼ cup milk of choice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- ¼ cup sweet onion or shallot finely minced
- ½ cup sundried tomatoes chopped
- 1 12 oz bundle asparagus, trimmed & cut into ¼ inch pieces
- 4 oz feta cheese crumbled
- Optional: 2 tablespoons freshly chopped basil or parsley & additional crumbled feta for garnish
- Whisk together eggs, milk, and salt and pepper until well combined.
- Spritz slow cooker with olive or coconut oil then pour in egg mixture.
- Sprinkle eggs w/ onions, sundried tomatoes, asparagus, and feta.
- Cook on low for 2-3 hours or until eggs have set.