Roasted Vegetables with lemon and parmesan are an excellent, easy, and healthy side dish. Simple to make when feeding a crowd, are crazy delicious and will definitely be added to your weekly recipe arsenal.
I've been sitting on this roasted vegetable recipe for years.
The lemon and parmesan on these roasted vegetables are so simple, but it is SO DELICIOUS!
I make this easy, healthy side dish atleast once a week. I also always make them for dinner parties or special occasions. They're a total crowd-pleaser and, it never fails, someone always swoons over them and chases me down for the recipe before night's end.
Roasted Vegetables with Lemon and Parmesan
The method for roasting these vegetables can be your go-to for any veggies your family loves. It's virtually a vegetable crisper clean-out recipe so you can use any vegetable you have on hand or need to get rid of.
- grape tomatoes
- yellow squash
- mini bell peppers
- red onion
- garlic cloves
How to roast vegetables:
- Preheat oven to 425˚F. Spread all of the veggies on a baking sheet.
- Chop the vegetables uniformly so they cook evenly, give them a nice bath in extra virgin olive oil, and top them off with a sprinkle of sea salt, freshly cracked pepper, and a pinch of Italian seasoning.
- Roast them on the pan until they're good and caramelized (15-20 mins), pull them out of the oven, and immediately shower them with nutty Parmesan cheese, a tad of freshly grated lemon zest, and a coat of freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Toss them all together and prepare to be dazzled by their citrusy, celestial flavor.
They're absolutely heaven-sent!
Lemon Parmesan Roasted Vegetables
- 8 cups mixed vegetables of choice broccoli, zucchini, squash, mini bell peppers, grape tomatoes, whole garlic cloves etc.
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- freshly cracked black pepper
- 3 tbsp + 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil divided
- 2 tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ tbsp freshly grated lemon zest zest from one small lemon
- Juice from half a lemon
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees (F).
- Clean vegetables and chopped into large chunks and uniform pieces. Cut broccoli into florets, slice zucchini and squash into half-moons, trim asparagus and cut into thirds, half then quarter onions, and leave grape tomatoes and garlic cloves (w/ skin) whole.
- Place all vegetables, except garlic, in a single layer onto one or two large baking sheets, sprinkle with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and drizzle with 3 tablespoon olive oil then toss to combine. Add garlic cloves to one corner of a baking sheet then drizzle each clove with 1 teaspoon olive oil.
- Place in the oven and roast for 8 minutes, toss, then continue to cook for 5-7 minutes more or until tomatoes have burst and veggies are lightly golden brown.
- Take out of the oven, remove garlic cloves from baking sheet, immediately top roasted vegetables with freshly grated Parmesan cheese, lemon zest, and the juice of half a lemon and toss.
- Carefully remove garlic from skins, lightly chop, then toss roasted garlic with the Lemon Parmesan Roasted Vegetables.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Let's taco 'bout it!