Slim Pickin’s Kitchen is reader supporter, and this post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission when you click on the links at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases. You can read my full disclaimer here.
Honey cilantro chimichurri potato salad is a zippy and unique side dish to serve at your next picnic or family potluck. Loaded with fresh green herbs and a touch of honey this delicious dish would be an excellent accompaniment to your 4th of July menu!
This chimichurri potato salad will make you want to grab some maracas and a sombrero and start shouting, “Ole!”
Exploding with tex-mex flavors including cilantro, cumin, and a kick of cayenne this potato salad is an excellent mayonnaise free, gluten-free, and vegetarian friendly side dish to whip up for 4th of July.
The chimichurri dressing is so smooth it helps give the dish that velvety texture a potato salad should have, and the added touch of honey compliments the heat from the cayenne and rounds out the flavor, leaving you with an amazing and refreshing side dish that’s filling and satisfying.
Honey Cilantro Chimichurri Potato Salad
For the potatoes:
- 2.5 lbs small Yukon gold or red potatoes scrubbed clean
- 1 tsp salt
For the potatoes:
- Chopped the potatoes into one inch, or bite size pieces, and place into a large stock pot.
- Cover the potatoes with water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until cooked through and tender, about 18-22 minutes,
- Drain completely then add directly back into the pot you cooked the potatoes in.
- Immediately pour in the honey cilantro chimichurri dressing and gently toss to coat.
- Serve warm, at room temperature, or cold!