Tomato Bruschetta Bread Bowl Soup
The classic flavors of Tomato Bruschetta are recreated into a quick and easy tomato bruschetta bread bowl soup!
Servings 4 -6 bread bowls
- 2 tsp olive oil or ghee
- 1 small sweet onion minced
- 2 small garlic cloves minced
- 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 4-6 tsp coconut sugar or sugar of choice
- 2 cups low sodium vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian flat leaf parsley
- 4-6 Italian Herb Bread Bowls.
- 4-6 slices fresh mozzarella cheese
For the Tomato Bruschetta Bread Bowl Soup:
Add oil to a large stock pot over medium-high heat. Once hot, add in onion and saute for 5-6 minutes or until translucent and tender.
Add minced garlic and saute for 1 minute more.
Pour in tomatoes, sugar, stock, vinegar, and salt & pepper and stir to combine.
Bring the soup to a boil then turn off the heat.
Stir in the fresh basil & fresh parsley.
To Serve the Tomato Bruschetta Bread Bowl Soup:
Set your oven to broil.
Ladle the tomato soup into the bread bowls, top with a slice of fresh mozzarella cheese, and broil until bubbly and golden brown.
Sprinkle with more fresh basil & parsley and serve immediately.