Lemon Shandy Peel and Eat Shrimp
An amazing 10 minute meal! A lowcountry favorite of peel and eat shrimp is an awesome quick supper idea or the perfect appetizer for game night or a backyard barbeque: fresh local shrimp, chopped garlic and herbs, Old Bay seasoning, sweet cream butter, and lemon shandy beer are combined into a one pot meal that will win you major brownie points.
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
Servings 4 -6
- 2 lbs fresh shrimp heads removed & rinsed
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1/2 large or 1 small sweet onion finely minced
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 bottles summer shandy beer of choice
- 1 tbsp Old Bay seafood seasoning
- salt & pepper to taste
- juice and zest of one fresh lemon
- 1 large handful freshly chopped Italian flat leaf parsley
- Toasted crusty bread for dipping
Melt butter in a large sauce pan over medium-high heat.
Add onions and garlic, sprinkle with a bit of salt and pepper, and saute until translucent, about 3-4 minutes.
Pour in beer, scraping any bits from the bottom, then add shrimp and the Old Bay seasoning and stir.
Cover the pot and cook for 3-4 minutes or until the shrimp just turn pink and opaque.
Remove the pan from heat, stir in the lemon juice and zest, and sprinkle with fresh parsley and additional Old Bay and salt & pepper, if needed.
Serve immediately with crusty bread!