Everybody love a parfait!
Especially a parfait made with homemade pumpkin yogurt and pumpkin spice granola!!!
Pumpkin is one of my all time favorite foods. I adore it to the core, and I am completely obsessed with ANYTHING pumpkin related. I love pumpkin so much, I actually mark the date on my calendar when two of my most favoritest things on the planet are combined into one. It’s my favorite day of my most favoritest time of year: the day that Starbucks finally begins serving my beloved Pumpkin Spice Latte.
GAH! I heart it so much!!! The pumpkin spice latte was the best invention.EVER.
Starbucks better have been given a ginormous gold star for that genius creation.
So, because I am hooked on pumpkin, I don’t care if it is not fall. Canned pumpkin exists for a reason, and that is to ensure that I don’t go into pumpkin withdrawals while impatiently waiting for fall to finally arrive.
This parfait is so delicious, I couldn’t even wait to finish this post before I ate it. In fact, I am having a total love affair with this parfait as I type.
It has the perfect pumpkin flavor with just a hint of sweetness.
I think I will be eating this for breakfast every day for the rest of my life.
- 4 cups whole wheat oats
- ½ cup sugar-free maple syrup
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp canned pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- pinch of salt
- 4 tbsp shredded coconut
- ½ cup chopped hazelnuts
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup vanilla bean greek yogurt
- 3 heaping tbsp canned pumpkin puree
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- drizzle of honey
- Preheat oven to 300°.
- Add oats to a large mixing bowl.
- Combine maple syrup, brown sugar, vanilla, pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, and salt, and cook over low heat until sugar dissolves.
- Pour pumpkin mixture over oats, add coconut and hazelnuts, and mix until the oats are completely coated with the mixture.
- Spread onto a cookie sheet sprayed with non-stick spray and bake for 45 minutes, turning once during cooking.
- Remove from oven, add dried cranberries, and stir.
- Let cool completely and store in an air tight container.
- While granola is cooking, combine yogurt, pumpkin, spices, and honey, stirring until incorporated. Refrigerate until ready to build parfait.
- Using yogurt mixture and ¼ cup granola, layer in a parfait glass or small bowl.