A banana split for breakfast…in a new and convenient way.
This breakfast burrito is not only phenomenal in flavor, but it’s HEALTHY as well. What’s the best part, you ask?
Yeah, that would be the chocolate.
Now that I’m able to eat chocolate every morning for the rest of my life, I *might* actually be nice when I wake up rather than a full blown irate gorilla bear that storms around grumbling and spitting at anything that looks my way…okay, not really…I’m always going to be a heifer in the morning. I don’t think anything will change that, but this will definitely help!
Packed full of fresh fruit, choclified Chobani vanilla greek yogurt, and toasted coconut and almonds, this breakfast is sure to satisfy even the most picky of palettes. I bet you $100 that your hubs, girlfriend, boyfriend, or heterosexual life partner will take one bite of this baby and be groveling at your feet begging you for more of your fantastical breakfast booty.
Shoot! Go all out and whip up a virgin Pineapple Upside Down Cake Daiquiri while you’re at it!
The second best part about this breakfast?
You can make it the night before and have it waiting for you as you walk out the door PLUS it will fill you up a bajillion times more than any over processed cereal bar ever will. This beauty is a cinch to make and is packed with 14 grams of protein and 14 grams of fiber.
Uh, huh…14 grams EACH.
I think I’ll take two, please 🙂
- 1½ tsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp slivered almonds
- 1 high fiber, high protein wrap (I used a low-cal flatbread)
- 1 tbsp Chobani vanilla greek yogurt
- ½ tsp cocoa powder (I used Hershey's Special Dark)
- 1-2 drops liquid vanilla stevia (optional)
- ½ fresh banana, sliced
- 1 large strawberry (about ⅛ cup), hulled and sliced
- ⅛ cup fresh pineapple or 1 canned pineapple ring, chopped
- 4 fresh cherries, stems and seeds removed
- Heat coconut and almonds in a small pan over medium heat until toasted or light brown in color, about 2-3 mins. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, mix together yogurt, cocoa powder, and stevia until well incorporated.
- Spread the yogurt mixture onto the wrap.
- On the edge of the wrap closest to you, layer the banana, strawberries, pineapple, toasted coconut and almonds, and top with cherries.
- Roll the wrap and cut as desired.