WAIW #3: The Military Diet Day 2

I hope everyone is having a lovely week and an even better hump day (though I still don’t really know exactly what that phrase even means) :/

Anywho, I’ve got a killer migraine (I don’t think I’m ever going to get better!) so today’s post is going to be short, but I’m looking forward to posting a fun recipe tomorrow that’ll be a great dish to make for super bowl. Yahoo! Not that I really give two hoots about super bowl though. I just like to make and then eat all of the yummy dips and spreads and sweets and things.

Can you blame me?

So in preparation of game day and since I’ve had mono, I am on a wee bit of a crash diet. Hey, don’t judge. If you were completely unable to exercise and had basically been sitting on your behind for the past two and half months you’d probably be feeling the way I am right about now.  I *DO NOT* want to gain any weight, so I’m doing what I have to do to keep the pounds from packing on. Please no preaching to me people. I know crash diets aren’t long lasting, and I have a plan for that.

I did a 7 day all natural fruit and veggie cleanse, went off for a couple of days, and now I’m doing this 3 day insane “military diet” which probably has zero military connections, and then I’m going on an 8 week diet revamp/lifestyle change where I will continue counting calories (which is something I do any way) while eating a variety of foods without eliminating any specific groups.

So this military diet is pretty crazy, and I’ll apparently lose 10 lbs in three days. In all honesty, I’m more curious than anything, so I guess we’ll see how it goes.

Here’s yesterday’s day of eats and thanks to the lovely Jenn at Peas & Crayons for hosting these fun shenanigans!

WAIW-#3

Breakfast: whole wheat toast with a scrambled egg, half a banana,
Starbuck’s espresso blend coffee with one Nunaturals
stevia packet, and buckets upon buckets of ice water.

WAIW#3-2

Lunch: 1 cup of cottage cheese (which I didn’t eat all of),
one hard boiled egg, five whole wheat saltine crackers,
and gallons upon gallons of ice water.

WAIW#3-1

Supper: 2 all natural kosher beef hot dogs (which were flipping insanely good),
one cup of steamed broccoli, and half a cup of raw baby carrots,
with, you guessed it, a swimming pool of ice water.

WAIW#3-3

Sweet treat: 1/2 cup of all natural vanilla bean
ice cream with half a sliced banana and
tons more ice water!

Yeah…you get to eat full fat vanilla ice cream on this diet. Now you see why I’m curious?

Getting to know you…

Do you ever go on crash diets?

Have you heard of the military diet?

What’s your favorite ice cream flavor?

*By following any links above and completing a purchase, Slim Pickin’s Kitchen may receive compensation via discounts on products or monetary means from the respective affiliate programs*

Comments

1. Mia says

I try not to crash diet. However, I’m fascinated by this one. Let me know how it turns out. I may give it a whirl. With my recent work schedule, I’ve been eating less-than-healthily and could probably use a quick crash diet to get back to normal.

• amber says

Yes, yes you can, and you are just too sweet! I’m not feeling so gorgeous at the moment, but I’m hoping I’ll start feeling more like myself soon. It was only for three days too! Going back to counting calories and eating everything in moderation tomorrow! Love ya too, girl! XOXO

2. says

Obviously crash diets aren’t good, but your meals still look pretty balanced to me! Not that restricting. Just a lot of clean eating :)

Favorite ice cream flavor- Chocolate chip cookie dough.

• amber says

You are so right! OMG, my poor husband…I was literally on the phone with him the other day while he was in the ice cream aisle making him read off the ingredients on the boxes just so he wouldn’t buy something with a load of crap in it! If I didn’t do that, he’d buy the first one he saw. I’ve been doing really, really well about reading labels lately too. It’s hard to get me to eat anything that has anything other than good, quality ingredients in it anymore.

• amber says

Thanks, Jessica!!!! In the end, I wasn’t really a fan b/c I only lost like 3 lbs or so BUT I also couldn’t work out like they suggested b/c I’ve had mono so I’m sure that probably didn’t help much :(

• amber says

Thanks, girl! I don’t know how to not be honest. Sometimes it gets the best of me, but it definitely works in my favor for the bloggie! I’ve never tried a probiotic. They scare me, but I couldn’t tell you why!

3. says

Umm I just started this diet I hope it actually works cause I need to lose weight fast the only thing I really don’t like is the coffee because its an instant coffee with Splenda which tastes more like dirty water Im also starving but ima keep going though love your blog btw!!!!!!
    No it’s my first crash diet
    Yes my friend told me about it
    And vanilla ice cream!

• amber says

You’re only supposed to have the coffee for the first day I think, right? I love coffee, can’t live without it! Let me know how this works for you!

4. Judy says

Hey thx for replying umm its my second day today and I have lost around 5 or 6 pounds which is AWESOME!!!!! ill tell u how much I lose when I weight myself today

5. Katie Sears says

You said five whole wheat crackers for lunch but you picture six. Did you cheat and eat an extra one? Lol My coworker is on this diet and she did lose 10 pounds but it took her a week to do it.

• amber says

Yeaaaah…have I mentioned that math isn’t my strong suit? I only lost 3 lbs, but I did it while I had mono so I couldn’t exercise!

6. says

I have seen the Military Diet pinned a few times and am now finally going to give it a try. I figure 3 days on, 4 days off, not too bad. Especially if my 4 days off are Thurs-Sun, lol. Great blog and I really like your writing! Keep up the good work!
    The Cocktail Lady recently posted..Creamy Caramel MartiniMy Profile

7. Haley Johansen says

I saw the diet on Pinterest. Today is my first day on the diet. I found your website doing a little searching. A friend of mine said you loose all your energy by the end of it and that its designed to give your body the bare necessities and that its just starving you. But I’m still convinced with the idea of it so I’m going to try it anyway and hope it works.

8. says

I have actually heard of the military diet. I was going to join the navy and had some weight to lose and this is the diet they gave me. It’s actually used by them when they need to lose weight fast. I was quite successful with it. Usually the first time you do it you will only lose a few pounds. But you can do it every week.

9. says

Thank you for posting your pics.

I’m not for crash diets either, but right now I can afford my shakes. (they are the good ones, I did my research, don’t judge, people!)

Anyway, this diet is my kind of diet. Why? Because it’s simple ingredients and requires no cooking. I’m a single mom, my kid is a picky eater, so whenever I cook, there is leftovers, so I just end up eating almost the whole thing.

Can’t wait to start. Thanks for posting. =)
    Reyhan recently posted..Scentsy Blog: A Penny Saved…My Profile

10. terri says

I started this silly diet today, I figured It might get me back on track and after 3 days my 1200 calories will seem like a lot!! I have lost about 1000 pounds (in my life time lol) My most recent was 170 pound and I had a piniculectomy to remove the sagging skin, but I have put about 60 back on…go figure after all I went t hrough with the surgery I did not think I would do that, but here I am again, I am blessed that God never moves and I can always go back to him for help.

11. Aria says

Hi im on day 3 of the military diet sort of….. saw it on pintrest and i got curious but it really hasnt gone well it takes a massive amount of will power. My sister went on it with me and struck out on breakfast of the second day :) but then decided to continue, and again gave up on breakfast today but says she will continue???, i on the other hand struck out last night with the ice cream i wound up eating what i think was 2 cups :/ not sure how its gonna affect me at this point, neither of us has done more exercise than a 20 minute walk, havent weighed myself but ill post the results :)tomorrow. Thank you for this blog i think the food photography is exquisite :)

• amber says

Good luck! You are only allowed one cup or black coffee or unsweetened tea during breakfast on the 1st day. It’s water only after that.

12. Monta says

I just finished Day 1. I don’t find this particularly difficult to follow. I’ve been counting calories on my own for two weeks and lost 10 pounds on my own, but am curious about this “diet,” so decided to try it. I’ve been counting the calories in the meals (already plugged all 3 days in to my app), and it averages between 1100-1200 calories per day….so not sure how this would be considered starving yourself. I’ll be perfectly happy if I earn a 3 pound weight loss, as that is a pound per day. Far more than most of the plans I’ve seen, and is frankly quite simple to follow thus far! Hope everyone else is finding success!!

13. Cristy Hong says

I did the diet and it does work . The first time i only made it a 2 days . I was having sugar and caffeine withdraws so it made it a little bit tough. Lost 6 pounds the first time. I’m starting it again this weekend will let you know how it works second time around.

14. Angela says

I tried this last week and quit on Day 2. I am now on Day 1 again and definitely feeling hungry and weak. It is 430, so i am looking forward to dinner tonite. I am not considered overweight, just out of shape and wanting to lose 15-20 pounds total for summer. I’m hoping I can do it quickly with this diet. Just need to eat reasonably on the 4 days off. Like Subway.

15. Emily says

I’ve tried this diet before and it actually worked quite well! Now that bikini season is coming up, I thought I’d give it a go again. But I do have one question. Does the three day diet have to be three consecutive days in a row? Or could you follow this plan Monday, Wednesday and Friday and have Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday be your off days? Just curious!

16. Emily says

I have tried and succeeded with this diet once before. And with bikini season coming up, I thought I’d give it a go again. But I do have one question. Does the three day diet have to be three consecutive days in a row? Or could you follow this plan Monday, Wednesday and Friday and have Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday be your off days? Just curious!

• amber says

If you want the diet to work “correctly” you have to eat everything exactly as it says. Supposedly it has something to do with the chemical makeup of the foods together that helps you lose weight. If I had to stomach the cottage cheese, you have to! J/K ;)

17. Mari says

I’m just finishing Day 1 and it’s not all that bad. I’ve got about 20 lbs to lose and I’m hoping that this will jump start me because I have SUCH a hard time losing the weight. I’ve been at or around this weight for the past few years no matter how much I work out or what I do. I figured this might finally get me off my plateau – here’s hoping! I think I should’ve started on Monday though instead of Thursday. :/ I didn’t quite think that through…

18. Brittany says

On militarydiet.com there are some substitutions listed. The only thing that has no substitution is the grapefruit. I think you can replace cottage cheese with sharp cheddar cheese

19. says

I enjoy reading everyones post and its fun to know we are all heading towards a big reward for our selves if we can just say we stuck to the diet for the whole 3 days! LOL But seriously I am excited to try the 3 day diet tomorrow and refuse to give up (hello thats why we are all posting on here in the first place…we all gave up on good eating habits and exercise in the first place). I will do my best to post my results each day. I know the more I can follow someones sucess story the more motivated I become so I hope to be someones motivation as well. Best wishes to each of you on your diet. My inner skinny goddess is dying to come out and play again!!!!

20. Stacy says

<> I just finished the 3 Day Diet last night and this morning I had lost 5 lbs! Yay! I didnt find it that difficult, except the end of the second day i was soooo tired. I did make some substiutions since i dont like tuna. I’m going to really watch what I eat the next four days and try to keep my calories under 1200 until I start round two on Monday. I will report back and see if the weight stays off over the days “off” :)

21. lena says

I have tried this diet and it really works. The first day isn’t bad its the last 2. But not only you lose the weight you feel great and light as well.

22. Donna says

Hey guys.. Just getting ready to start the diet tomorrow. Went out and got my groceries today. I’m 5.6 and 155 lbs wanting to lose 10- 15 lbs of my post baby weight. I’ve lost 35 lbs gradually in the last 12 months and need to get the last 15 lbs off. Will let you know what my weight is on day 4..

23. Donna says

Hi

The results are in. After 3 days of the military diet, my weight was down by 2.4 lbs. I’ll take it since I’ve been on a low carb diet for sometime now and the scale wasn’t moving for over a month and this helped me get my scale moving again. My husband lost 4.2 lbs and he is 6 feet and 187 lbs now weighing 182.8. More importantly I feel it may have shrunk my tummy as I am feeling full faster and not eating as much as I used to. I’m planning on doing this 3 day diet next week. I will get back with the results.