One of my all time favorite recipes to make for get together’s and cookouts, and today I’m sharing the recipe with you.
You should be.
As I’ve mentioned to you about a bazillion times by now, I can’t stand mayonnaise so my normal pot luck dishes such as my Bacon & Brown Sugar Sweet Potato Salad, Summertime Succotash Salad, or Red, White, & Blue Potato Salad are made without it. So, it shouldn’t be a surprise that my pasta salad would follow suit.
The amount of flavor that is infused into this dish will absolutely blow your mind.
Each individual component in this pasta salad has an incredible amount of taste on its own, but when combined together the seosonings will just shoot your tastebuds into sensory overload.
My absolute favorite part about this dish is that you can eat it hot or cold! My husband likes it piping hot while I prefer to let the flavors mingle and eat it cold next to grilled chicken or something along the like.
This salad stands a *huge* cut above the standard sides that you find nowadays that are drenched in bottled italian dressing and speckled with various veggies and toppings.
I promise your friends and family will straight up swoon over this recipe, and they will be *BEGGING* you to give them the recipe.
Trust me on this one.
This stuff is almost too good to be true.
Getting to know you…
What is your favorite Italian style dish?
Do you have different pasta salad recipe to share?
What’s that one dish that makes you swoon?
- ⅓ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp honey
- ¼ tsp Italian seasoning
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- freshly cracked black pepper
- 8 oz. whole grain bowtie pasta
- ¼ cup sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 4 oz. fresh mozzarella, cut into cubes (or you can use the small mozzarella balls)
- Add vinegar, garlic, mustard, honey, Italian seasoning, olive oil, salt & pepper to a food processor and blend until combined.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain, and dump into a bowl.
- Immediately pour dressing over pasta and stir.
- Add sundried tomatoes, parsley, basil, and mozzarella and mix until well combined.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.